Aliens

It was my Finger Printing appointment yesterday.This is how we register ourselves in the great Database of American residents.Most probably this is considered the last milestone for getting a Greean card and secure a residency in this county for years to come.
Well,Appointment is 8 AM so we start little after 7 AM in the morning.Its kind of windy Rainy and cold.Good that I dint have to bring my kid along,After all he was a citizen and with his grandmother at home,He had the luxury of sleeping longer in his cozy bed while we "Aliens" struggled to get parking and run across streets , managing the umbrella over our heads and get to the Office in time.And I was even happier that I dint have to bring my kid along-After listening to the screams of atleast 20 kids there,between the age of 12-30 months.And Yeah I couldnt ignore their Moms dragging strollers filled with blankets and Caps,When the temperature out side was hardly below 62 Degrees F.
We reached.Made sure we did bring all the right documents.And As we entered the shady bulding in shady town of NJ,An African-American Staff greeted us "with-no-smile" ,while she handed over the form(she was handing it to rest of people behind and in front of us) she asked rather scolded us that "If any cell phone is found on-Service wont be rendered".Well Even Desis Who were there >90% of people there-Switched OFF their Phones.They all made sure they inform people who are going to reach them in between.They included their bosses and families.
WOW!!I hope they survive their stay in the bulding.People kept pouring in...Not too many but plenty.Couples with kids-Young kids.With overloaded strollers and half filled sippy cups, cranky kids-emabarrashed parents a normal sight.
We thanked god-We dint have to bring Pratyush here as his Dadi Ma is here and he can sleep safely at home while get the work done.
everybody sittimg on plastic chairs-Again of 2 colors,Yello for people like us,Who are there for first time for Green Card and other Green for people who are there for any other reason than that,We dint know,And we dint care to find.My husband kept alerting me now and then that I keep my papers secured and ears alert.Best part here-was that we were assigned the no. to be called,Else it always gets tricky to understand when they call out my name.Which happens every year when we go for our drivers license renewal.The most weird name called out-Must be mine!!Good that recently they have couple of indian staffs in ,and they got my name correct last time.I was surprised as well to hear it right.
So we wait and wait with so many others , people called in-They go in,come out with a relief and leave the premises at earliest.I assume they are thanking god for getting them out of here safely-in time today.Because I plan to do so when I get out of here.So my husband is called in-he leaves giving me a second look,assuring That I should be fine,Re-assuring that I got all I need to show and also making sure-He will see me right where he left me once I am back.I am called right in after him.Its a kiosk...with small chairs and desks filled with papers , one messy copmuter and some other devices.The staff takes my hand - All he cares about is the fingers and cleans them roughly,makes sure no cuts or bruishes I have.Treats me just like a subject for his machine and then presses each finger on a glass screen slides them on each side to get a full picture ...cleans the screen back and next...So on and on until all my 10 fingers are done.
Seems like forever.Finally I am informed-I am done and gives me a form to fill out.Its a form for feedback-WOW,I am so priviledges!!My opinion counts??Does it really!!Well this is extremely good and I have nothing but best to say about place staff and services,Afterall its an honor even to seek an opinion from an alien!!

I see my husband is still in the kiosk - I wait until he gets out with a sigh and we rush back to our home,Work and Life!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है