Find the strength - Lost long before

Today I brought my sketching kit with me to my work as I used to dowhile I worked at RE/MAX. It was one of the best places I worked as Ihad great harmony with my manager and control over the processes. I knewall my actions were recognized and so I was as productive as could be. Imade at least 25 sketches sitting right on my desk- wasn't that veryproductive. Well, here also there are times when I have nothing to do as such. Asrightly said in the training I received that - My job is a job ofinterruptions and how well I can respond to it. So when I have no muchinterruption, I actually do not have much work to attend to and why cantI use that time in something productive and creative. Such as writingblog and making a sketch or two, on top of that I have 1 hr lunch whichI rarely append eating lunch for. I am always bringing the lunch on mydesk since I haven't made any friends to share lunch time with. Form theway it is going - Looks like I will be eating lunch on my desk and aloefor rest of my tenure. Then I seriously miss my lunches at RE/MAX whichused to be a program everyday, almost everyday. After 11 we would startdiscussing what should we eat and we would eat by 12:30.Once in a while Praveen is in NY city and we catch up but in 7 weeks inhas happened twice- and I eat Everyday. So that ratio of my lunch timespend on eating is fairly low - and I need to better utilize it formyself. And so there comes my sketching kit in the picture. I do not know when I will actually start drawing something but at leastI am one step closer to making something as I have it in front of me -waiting eagerly to be exploited. And how can I ignore the empire statebuilding which is right across my desk staring at me - thinking so howlong will you wait before you turn me into a picture. So as I am thinking about drawing something I start with googling on theweb to get some inspirational ideas. I haven't done anything in so longthat I need to look at things and people to get that inspiration. Well Istart looking, flipping through pages after pages and I end up with awebpage of "Shelly Jyoti". She is an artist from India, Born in 1957 inRajasthan and now settled in Baroda. She is a very talented person. Notthat I am even close to her talent but somewhere in my mind - thiscreepy feeling sprouts whispering "Could that have been me"? I do some more research, she is a Fashion Designer professionally andalso she is a very talented artist when it comes to handling colors andvarious Medias. She has an array of Madhubani Paintings as well asabstracts in oil, some very modern portraits in pastel, acrylics, inkand also mixed media. She is well rounded when it comes to exploitingthe colors to its best. A magician with canvas. She received formaleducation is fashion designing and Painting. Apart from that she is apost-graduate in English Literature and a poet as well. Her poetry hasreceived rave recognition and awards from Sahitya Academy which is anachievement. I added that so I do not have to stress further, how wellshe has done it when it came to expressing self and making it relevantto masses with words.I did read some of them, sounded so much like the way I write or used towrite. An overall artist and a person who has discovered and explored the selfat its best. I felt really good thinking about it and correlating how Imight have achieved all those only if I had that kind of adetermination. Only if I would have taken right decisions at the righttime. The will power to fight for self and not materializing or tradingthe dreams for reaching something - That was never a goal. All those thought, brought me back to the ideas in the book I amreading. Yes I am still reading it - I got it from the library and it isdue today, so I am going to return it and buy the same on Amazon. Ialready have it in my cart.Back to my idea of how this all relates to the book I am reading.Thinking about studying English literature in college, she must havealready known what her strengths are and she must have targeted those.Instead of chasing every other prospect in life which would justhighlight how weak she is in those areas and fight with them all herlife. While art was her forte and she sailed through it and triumphedundoubtedly. Then going to fashion designing college at a time when it was recentlystarted and did not have the kind of recognition it has now. But what abrave and wise decision for her life and a great contribution towardsher happiness for the rest of her life. Isn't that something the author of the book wanted every individual toachieve and understand. Their own talents and strength, Better sooner than Later !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है