Typos in Email

Unfortunately, I have to accept that I am one of them.



Yes and I accept it – I always knew that I misspell words as think faster that I write or type. If you are a reader of my blogs from past you will agree. But Let me tell you its not so much fun or even alright when you write an Email at work and make typos, repeatedly especially to your manager. It’s bad.

I kept telling myself to not take it personally and try to improve myself. I apologize for my mistake and also feel embarrassed and wonder “Damn! How did I miss that “. Sometimes it’s the spell check who thinks it corrected the word and changed the whole meaning of the sentence.



First time in my life it came from my boss, Mr. Murty while I was working in India. He had to read one of my journals I was supposed to write for a month while I was on training. It was hand written and I doubted that he will read the whole thing as I wrote 2 pages a day answering 6 same questions each say on both the pages. But he did read the journal and I appreciate his patience. I appreciate he took time out of his busy scheduled and seriously went through the journal page-by-page even when he dint require to. He was alright with the contents except he said when I am writing a longer word, anything over 5-6 letters I tend to eat a letter in between. And later I noticed how correct he was and I was at loss. That’s the biggest problem I am trying to over come since them. Has been long 6+ years now and it hasn’t been sorted much.



I started taking notice since he pointed it out. while I am writing in Hindi I can not really do that, because of the way it is written and I have no scope, but when I am writing in English – I do tend to do that. Even while I am writing a poem with pen and paper I just skip some letters here and there. No spelling mistakes as such – Just a disappear. It is worrying me now. I did talk about it few months back with Dada and he did say it is a serious issue and I must pay more attention. Good that is usually taken care when I am typing and I have spell check. When I am writing Emails or preparing a document. But what happen when I replace a PM for an AM?

That can result into a complete disaster, and it did happen with me today. I read and re-read; sometimes I just take too long to respond because I want to make sure the contents are correct before I hit the send button. As soon as hit send – I go back to my sent folder and I see that error standing out humiliating me and hits me a reply with 6 questions marks.

I realize I often do it when I am copying and pasting the contents from somewhere else and replacing part of the text. While I replace the major part of it I tend to ignore something small and vital and there goes another error in my Email.

I know its nothing personal and I can do better. Its not that I do not know what I am doing – Its just that I need to do better and pay better attention, something I am not born with but I might be able to train myself.



So I have taken and oath today – No matter what, I am NOT going to make a mistake again. I will avoid this do whatever it takes and send no Email with a typo.

Every document I prepare must be Typo free. I print that email with 6 question marks and keep by my monitor so it reminds me before I hit send. Please let me know If I have made any typos in my blogs today.



I wonder if I can actually avoid it or it is something that has gotten into me and I can not stop this. I don’t think there can be any thing that can not be cured, CURED? Is it a disease? Why did this word even occur to me that I should get treatment for this? May be I do.



I must take it very very seriously, this is the third time I have made an error that too in a Typo and it is serious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है