Birds


birds
Originally uploaded by prabhaJha

Free Bird

Only if I were a free bird, I would roam in the vast blue sky
And figure out myself that it is not actually blue but seems
Then I would travel all over, wherever the air would take me
Widespread my wing, from the dawn to dusk
I would fly and explore, see things and move on to other
Across the ocean and way above the clouds
Touch the says of sun, as far as I could
And come flying back with swelling heart
Drench my wings with every drop of rain
Fluff the weather with the first touch of snow
I would fly fly and fly allover
When my wings get tired
And I wouldn’t want to fly anymore
I know it will happen
I would need that nest and I will have it right there
On that tall and old banyan tree, by that river
Across which I will see the boats sailing through
Sitting right in my shelter
While also getting ready for my next adventure
I will wait till my moment arrives and fly out again
But only If I were a bird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है