I do not want to enlighten people anymore with the sinking financialmarket news. I guess they will be doing favor to themselves by avoidingsome of it and praying instead as some has already chosen to do. Altathinks I am concentrating too much on the negative aspects of everythingand she showed me that graph (she knows) which was really an eye opener.On that note I have been thinking about being more environment friendlythese days. I obviously recycle as much as I can. I also avoid usingplastic. For paper also I try to minimize the use - I use the same cupof glass for water as long as I can, I reuse my plastic cutleryeveryday. I try to switch off whenever it isn't required. Now that theChristmas and Thanksgiving are approaching, I came up with an idea.Yesterday while getting off the train a noticed a collage made out ofnewspaper. It looked quite alright and contemporary. So I decided nowonwards I am wrapping up all my gifts in news paper decorated by my dearson. This way I will not only re use it but also teach my son a lesson.I am planning to gather 3-4 kids who might be interested in bringingtheir creativity and crafty hands together to paint those news papersand make it somewhat colorful and that way we might end up doing somefavor to ourselves and Mother Nature. I still have the pair of bags made out of newspaper in my closet which I got in Calcutta from a small bookstore adjacent to my old office. I cherish them and I wish I couldr ecreate something like that. I will try.Well this weekend I have some socializing plan as well as Painting thebasement walls to finish. Not to mention the swimming lesson forPratyush, library visits and grocery shopping.I am wearing my glasses since I was 7 years old , I am still wearing itand now I believe it is going to be with me till I survive .May besomeday I will have enough guts to spend some money to go ahead for alaser vision correction and then I can get rid of my glasses . Till thathappens I am stuck with them as I do not like wearing lenses much andcare even less for the way it changes my geeky look. I have been working heavily with computers since last 8 years and don't know why never everliked reading books on computer. I still have the same problem-I needthe paper in my hand that I can touch feel and take my glasses off tobring it close enough to my face and read it to enjoy. I suggest everyone to take care of their eyes not with expensive mascaras andright eye colors but their health. Bring them enough rest and shut themw henever required at least few times in a day. There are always some ships cruising on the Hudson River, the view Ihave now that I have been moved. Few days back I happened to see the Aircraft career ship which was returning from somewhere carrying some 10+Concorde aircrafts on it. There was somebody in my floor who was and Ex-Military and was getting very emotional. He said it is like a dreamcome true to ride on that for some naval officers. It was beautiful and powerful at the same time. Surrounded me at least 30 medium sized shiptraveled the huge one in the middle, moved really slow and we could getthe view for a very long time. I have lost my great Empire statebuilding sight to calm and serene Hudson River. I noticed that all those towers on this side seem to be surrounded by hills far flung away. Whichgives me a hope that natural wilderness is not too far away even fromthis concrete jungle. If it is within the sight it has to be within the reach when I have so many things in my life out of sight still within reach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है