Library


Library
Originally uploaded by prabhaJha

Book Review
I just finished reading the book by Edward Luce “In spite of the gods”. I am as amazed as I always am after reading some extraordinary book. I wasn’t looking forward to it as much assuming it will sound like a text book about Indian history with gruesome pictures of beurocracy politics and other various problems a large democracy can have. And I am more convinced than ever than India is like no other. It is a must read. No matter if you are an Indian or not this book talks about the emergence of India and relevance to world. It gives you an overall picture and covers the topic entirely leaving no questions to ask for. I must thank my boss who recommended that I read this book. And I made sure I get it and read it. This is one of those rare books where I couldn’t skip a word, leave alone the paragraph and page. The author has done his complete research and has gathered indepth knowledge from the people in front line. Be it politics, cinema , society, health or Indian police and army. The book talks about it all. Being an Indian we have more reasons to know and understand where we do stand today and where are we headed to.

Next I am going to read a collection of short stories from Prem Chand. I can relax or may be call my frinds from train today as I have nothing to read now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है