More on Collage and books

Winters in Calcutta
When I think about winters in Calcutta the first thing I remember is
that early morning when I am walking to station, wrapped in a shawl to
catch the train to Salt Lake, for one of those early morning lab
sessions.
It is a busy time for Sabzi wallah's setting up their places by the
station Road; there are huge bags of fresh vegetable getting off the
train at pretty much every station. And the vegetables are so fresh they
are a picture of perfection still holding the dew drops on their skins.
Well I sometimes confuse the chilies for Peppers for the smell, well I
dint taste or see it and it did smell like peppers. Then the second
thing about winter is walking barefoot to the river Ganges on early
morning for the Chhath Puja, a festival of worshipping sun while it's
still rising across the river. WOW, I miss it so much and it's almost
the time, I guess it is due in next 20 days or so. I wanted to be in
India this year for the festivals so badly. May be next year.
Winters in Calcutta my hometown. It's pleasantly cold in the morning
when a light sweater and shawl does it all though it gets warmer by the
day and you do not really need those. Getting out in the crispy bright
day and picnicking in park is what we do in winters as summers it's hot
and sweaty to enjoy the outdoors as much. I still remember losing the
new sweater in train that I had taken off as it was getting sweaty in
train in mid-February, tying it on my waist. Oh I felt so terrible about
it, I dint tell mom about it till she noticed.
Well here now days I am making Jack-O-Lanterns with my son and coloring
bats cats and spiders for Halloween. He is dressing up an astronaut this
year as the last years Race car costume won't fit him that he still
so-badly-wanted to wear. I do look forward to be at his school parade
and go trick and treating with him in my neighborhood.
On the continuation to my collage project, I have few more ideas. I
chose the light blue background and I am in a lookout for a picture of
train somewhat 12 inches big. I am not sure if I will find it soon to go
for the background. Also I have almost 40 different faces to aboard that
train all in a post it of 3' by 5'. Now I did some math even though its
not one of my favorite subjects I gathered it is actually helpful in
real life sometimes. So the sheet I have picked for the collage is 24
inches by 36 inches and with the size of post-it it would take little
more than 57 post-its to fill it fully, and since they are going to be
overlapping there might be more required. I haven't hit the wall yet and
actually I explore new and more every time I start thinking about it. No
I have a guy with spikes and another wearing a cap; while a girl with
braided hair I also have an elderly Indian woman who Pratyush said is
nani ma since she was wearing a bindi. WOW some analogy.
I also made a small sketch of the view from my desk and I was quite
impressed with myself.
Unfortunately I am unable to post those images on my blog anymore I can
not really get much feedback other than people visiting me at home of
desk, in both cases chances are rare, As people visiting me at home are
not interested in those and there are hardly any visitors at my desk.
Pathetic! I am reading the second helpings and I do see glimpse of how
Opal Mehta.....and I do not find myself very much interested. I know
that second helping was written before the other one still ...I have
some great Hindi novels on hold at library and that's what I am planning
to read next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है