Durga


Durga
Originally uploaded by prabhaJha

Am I the only one who makes mistakes? I guess that’s right. It seems nothing in this whole wide world can really help me overcome this.

Tomorrow is Alta’s Birthday; she will be going to Florida to celebrate with her husband for the whole week. Being my sole acquaintance who I can ask to come with for lunch, I am not so delighted though I will survive and I bet she will have hell lot of fun after the terrible dentist visit, she needs it.
And as I know I have really great Scorpio friends including Ruby didi, Chanda Di and Amita……I wish them all a cumulative Birthday wish and will do my best and wish them individually as well.
I finished a training today also made sure that I print the certificates in color and place them high on my cube to provide it maximum visibility.
More on books now, I finished a novel from Suryakant tripathi nirala named “ Nirupama”. It was a gripping love story about rich Bengali girl who falls in love with once-were-rich boy from UP, which Bengalis address as “Hindustani”. Sometimes I have been addressed so while I was born in Calcutta and Bengali was the language I started talking in. anyways, it was sensible and funny and I enjoyed every bit of it.
That was Monday, since then I am reading a collection of stories by Premchand. This is a collection of stories which were published in various newspapers during 1930’s. Those were banned by British as they worked to fuel the war of independence and that wasn’t desirable by the government. These stories present a picture of the condition of society at that time and also how the mentality and dynamics were changing. During the change the differences clashed though survived a co-existence.
I am almost done with it and wonder what I should be reading next.
Hmm …after a research and brainstorming of 1 hr I have decided to read some of Ravindra Nath Tagore and Gogol. I can not wait to get my hands on them I am always so impressed and mesmerized by gitanjali poems, I wonder what his stories has to offer.
With that note, I will close today’s chapter because the Wall Street news and finances are on my nerves now, Will Citi survive the stock prices in single digit?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है