Hanuman2


Hanuman2
Originally uploaded by prabhaJha

We went to Maryland over the weekend. At the suggestion of sleepover, Pratyush got ready with his roller bag and the boom box. When I told him it’s going to be a home with a boom box and he settled with the music CDs. It was wonderful trip with excellent hosts and lots of food prepared with great care. Only that I couldn’t sleep in the night and felt giddy and nauseated on the way back home. Sunday was hazy feeling all tired, we retired early as we all had to gear up and get rested for the “weekday Marathon”. It started from Saturday night and for all good reasons I couldn’t feel worse. Monday went by as brutal as it can possibly be. With a formal announcement by Citi CEO that there will be huge layoff across Citi and the no. will exceed some 55,000. At the same time stocks fell to ~ $7. It left be further damaged and back broken. While I am waiting for Friday even Thursday night will be very hopeful, I was thankful for the Monday to pass. I went to Library and returned some DVD’s while got some books to read as well. This included a collection of stories from Ravindra Nath Tagore and Gogol. Tuesday as I started from home it started snowing. As much as I hated it, Pratyush loved it. He assumes snow as a signal for Santa’s arrival and with a list like I-Pod and more; he is waiting eagerly for Christmas. It wasn’t heavy snow and some how I liked it as well. It fell like small balls and melted as soon as it settled on windshields or the streets. It was pretty cold to walk as well, the worst part was when my glasses got all foggy with my breath and I discovered I could see much better when I took them off.
I was as low as I could feel and on my way back home I noticed that the train stopped many times in between the platforms till I reached my station, only to find that I have traveled 2 stations ahead. I was supposed and determined to pick up Pratyush from daycare. I rushed to the other side of platform to find a train in opposite direction, only to find that next train is in about 50 minutes. I called his dad and he could manage to pick him up before the school closed. It was a shady station, I got scared when this woman appeared from no where across my face and asked “If I had a dollar”. Lucky that I was on phone trying to convey messages to Praveen already in tears, she just walked away. I waited wondering if I should take a cab, which wouldn’t take lesser time and also don’t know hoe safe it will be to get out and try to find a cab from this station (name withheld). I sat with some 15 other people inside the platform, felt relieved as there were some Indian couple waiting as well. As time passed, I wondered if it is my negative approach towards the day that is attracting all kind of mishaps. Finally the train arrived, and even though the train was quite empty I chose to stand by the door and confirmed with two train crews if it is going to stop at my destination. You never know. As I stepped out I rushed to my car holding my tears again, till I get in my car. The cold wind just made it tougher. Guess What? As soon as put the keys in, car made some whimpering sounds and blinked the dashboard but wouldn’t get in the drive mode. It happened once…twice and I stepped out of car. Shut the door, locked and waited for 10 seconds to try back again. The car had the same response for me. I knew, it couldn’t get any worse. I called home; they had arrived and started form home to rescue me. I called AAA in the meantime for a jumpstart. Praveen and Pratyush arrived while I was still on phone with them. It was heavenly to be back with my boy who was as happy as he can be to see me. He was very excited now that the car was broke and a guy will be coming soon to fix it. We waited and they arrived within 15 minutes. The car was set to go in next 3 minutes. Well it wasn’t that bad after all. I drove past the AAA truck and Pratyush asked me if I thanked him. I said “Papa did” but I guess that was not enough and I waved when the AAA truck and we were waiting at the traffic light in parallel lane. That made him happy.
I promised myself something and I wrote this blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है