Sisters


sisters
Originally uploaded by prabhaJha

Things are so quite, people do not talk but hiss….slide around floor to floor or across the street holding papers, pretending to be lost in own thoughts, talking on phone , keeping busy, avoiding eye contact considering the obligation to smile. Is this the world we wanted or set out to create? Who am I to be asking such questions, to whom after all? Right, I do not have any authority to do so and so a take it back.
It’s a secret plan of not nature but some natural being. Unfortunately it’s just them who are having all the fun while all we can see is the sliding and sinking stocks. Also shrinking with it is our earning of the life. Well somebody thinks, we still have lots of life left and we will use it for better happier purposes.
I agree and I wish I could really have complete and blind faith in that and I could look forward to something less depressing.
I made this card for my sister for her birthday. I wrote her a letter, which I am sure, will make her happy. I called my mom to get the address, what kind of a person I am who needs address to send letter home. Well I am that kind. I am planning to get sick tonight, so that I can sleep somewhat longer tomorrow. It is getting so cold now.
If I printout last 100 headlines from the same newspaper. They all will sound the same and I bet people are tired of it. Now days unusual have become usual.
So many times I have thought and realized that it’s not the circumstance which controls your reactions but it’s your own mind and its set-up. You need be that string character who can train the mind to focus on positive side. Why doesn’t it take any strength to ponder over everything that goes wrong and sob?
Talking about my neighbors at work, Not those who sit next to me (as I have none at my new location) but in glass offices in front of me. In my earlier location there used to be this women, definitely an MD. I never saw her walking in or out of her office, because she rather ran. As soon as she was in she had her phone on speaker and I could hear all the business plans and people on the phone, including who joined when. Sometimes I was even tempted to take notes and give it to her once she was done. That might have helped her. So many times she would shoot out of her office to get water/coffee/ trip to RR while her phone is on speaker. I would never be on her way while she would be on the speaker phone, who knows when she will stand up on her foot and run crushing everything on her way. She was gentle women though, She talked to me the day I was moving. Alta thought her voice was good for Opera and I am sure she still enjoys her company. I will agree she had this unique voice and even while she was just talking business she hit various notes during her conversation punctuated with laughter.
Now here I have 2 of them, because I am at a corner location. I have this man with heavy British accent. He is old and very gentle person. He keeps this “Gadaa” a weapon used by Hanuman (Hindu god with a monkey face) which sits on one of the chests in his office right across me. I feel like asking him, he might have another definition for it. His whole office is glass walled and I enjoy the perfect water view. He talks to me often and rarely did he even tell me where is he going to or coming from. Some of his visitors ask his where about from me as well.
Now lets come to the next neighbor, a women in her late 40s. She is also an MD and having that said, she is in and out of office all day long. If she is in then there are her visitors in and out all day long. In case she is in and no visitor her phone is on speaker and she is on her best mood to fix the whole business that is going on. Which requires her to be in-charge, be the leader and that also means higher authoritative vocal presence. Sometimes her assistant comes to rescue and shuts the door. Well due to technical difficulties, there had been case that I could hear almost all the project details she is handling even from the closed doors. Her voice and the speaker phone do some trick and the sound echoes through. Wonderful!
She is very funny though. She likes to crack jokes, like she was talking to some people yesterday going out for drink and suggested after all “Its 2 stocks a drink now”.
She is often restless but rarely runs, walks with all the feminine grace and poise. Not that running is not feminine, wait until you see me running when I leave work not-to-miss-that-train with a bulging stomach. Yeah sometimes even I wondered what if that just fell off. It is not so easy; as it is glued to me with more than skin, blood and umbilical cord.

Having that said….I will try to get back to my work and plan for the weekend. I do that while I am at work because as soon as I am out its time to act on them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है