Thinking


thinking
Originally uploaded by prabhaJha

Yesterday I was providing business advice to my Ex-Boss. I wasn’t sure if I made a lot of sense but I spoke straight off my mind. While my mind did keep doing its own wandering such as, what is in it for me or if there is something that I am missing…Hmm when that thing is said like THAT what it means and what should be the best answer to that which can also coincide with my opinion. Well it went for quite a length and I dint think I was anywhere less than the Dr. Ram Charan.
I finished my Prem Chand collection of stories and realized what all I have left behind. From leaving behind- I mean the ideologies and other values. His stories come from the very bottom of the society and show the conditions that are completely denied by the new face India has now. Nothing in the new literature or cinema they talk about those classes anymore. It’s either the huge middle class climbing the ladder of progress and astronomical pace or it is the cream of society enjoying the wealth and status of global standards. Whenever we look at India we are either strolling in AC malls which can leave the malls in Dubai ashamed or comparing the condition of road with the one in USA and Europe. If we do not find an answer we take solace in watching the Hindi cinema, the pelvic moves, the extravagant set-ups, Overseas locations and glamorous stars with a story line written from the seventh sky rather than any ground available on planet earth. Well not all- Some do take the chance and create a non-commercial cinema now and then which never rarely the theatres, in case it does it hardly lasts more than a week.
So where is the India that Prem Chand was talking about? Does it still exist anywhere? I do see a reflection of those described minds in the way my grand mother and mother behaved or my mother in law does. Those roots or society or rather ruins are still there in that lost generation. The generation we criticized and moved ahead while they nurtured us in every possible way. They still do whenever we require.
Are we living in some kind of denial? Keeping ourselves away from the facts and truths that can tie our unbound desires in chains? Those chains- Might take us away from the glitters of success or the air of freedom that we have gotten so used-to of.
Oh the arguments can just go forever.
Something that I asked my Ex-boss yesterday and I still feel is “is it all worth it”??

Comments

My two cents said…
Thanks for your lovely note, Prabha. I tried emailing you on your Mithila Art email i.d., but it bounced back. Can you send me an alternative email address where I can email you?

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है