Dance


Dance
Originally uploaded by prabhaJha

All I wish today
All I pray to god
To abandon my heart with all the love
All the care I feel, deep inside
For people, who belong to me.
Or I believe that they do

Love in the time of Cholera, a book by Gabriel Garcia Marquez a Nobel Prize Winner. It is a lyrical love story. A classic and I was compelled to compare with “The Gone with the Wind”, for the volume style and content. I borrowed this book some 5 weeks back after reading the review on some unknown blog. While I read other books I was having no intention to read as such. One fine morning I carried the book with me to work and I chose to doze off than read. It was sitting on my desk when Alta stopped by, commenting on the book. That evening I started reading it.
It was a story of eternal love that I am very convinced does not exist, and if it does is of no good to anyone including the lovers. And the book winds a Nobel Prize, I wonder there are people who read these books and appreciate it. I wish I could live in that world as so far in the planet I occupy I have dearth of anyone who appreciates how important “being loved” is.
I enjoyed the book thoroughly despite most of the names (people and places) I could barely pronounce. There is something beyond places, races, colors, languages and religions and the story is all about it. Lovely! Just incredible and completely recommendable for those who believe in skin-deep beauty.
Its festive reason and holidays are in. It’s the time to be with friends and family, fire up the fireplace and well we planned to hit the indoor water park in PA on 25th. Guess it’s a good idea.
It’s really cold with temperature dipping below 0 F. One of the storms hit east coast with snow, sleet and I had some really wonderful moments in past week, one of them was at the RE/MAX Christmas Party where I was supposed to anchor the evening with speech and follow through with the game. I started the evening damn nervously being 26 weeks pregnant, does not help much. Though it ended fine and everybody joined in for the fun-filled night. People did say , that I did great I am not convinced.
Following day I was having lunch with CEO of our Citi Business. I was randomly picked to this lunch he throws. It was very informal, we talked about things no one knows about us, also about our kids, cars, ethnicity and of course the recession and unemployment. I told him about my blog and book I plan to publish before I die.
Later the same day I meet with Sweta (She is an author – Pabulum). It was as wonderful as it can be.

When it snowed
And I stepped out of that train
I couldn’t help
While others rushed
Opening umbrellas
To the parking lots
I took one step at a time
Holding breath and Stretching arms
Tasting the first flake of snow
Wishing to hold him, in my arms
Feeling the ice, freezing my blood
Crushing my fingers in his fist
And when warming my face
Will be his fragrant breath

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है