Dragon


Dragon
Originally uploaded by prabhaJha

Long weekend, very long indeed.
It started on Wednesday afternoon till Monday morning. We were mostly home as it is getting colder and I am getting heavier. We made a ginger bread house (wish I could post the picture) and did some painting in the basement; also visited my dr. for blood work, attended 1 birthday party and forgot all about Pratyush’s swimming class on Saturday.
On the way back home on Wednesday, I was delivered the news of Bombay attacks. I called my friend who lives in Colaba and they mistook the blasts for a wedding procession. Good that they were safe and sound though the whole incident was heartbreaking and mind boggling. After all who gives them the right to kill the fellow beings and what reason can be justifiable enough to carry on such inhuman acts? It is beyond my understanding but I would want to know how they justify their satanic proceed against human race.
I bet there has been enough talked about it and I am not going to add any value to it. I feel sorry for people who lost their lives and wish someday I can be of any help some how. I also want to thank those commandos who dint care for their lives and rescued people while I salute those policemen who lost their lives fighting terrorism and saving human lives.
Unaware of all these events early morning, I wrote a letter to my 10 year old nephew in Seattle also made a sketch of dragon for him. He is fond of dragons and believes in them .Though I am not aware I agree he has reasons to feel that way. I hope he will be glad.
In nutshell, all I feel is that we need to celebrate every moment as it comes, live it fullest and do not regret for anything. This entire crisis around the world is just a reminder of paying attention to more important things in life. It just moves on with the flow of time, nothing can stop it.
Monday morning, I couldn’t help noticing the fresh-cut Christmas tree lined up across the street for sale. I touched them while I passed them and filled my lungs with the fragrance. I wonder if all these lightings around neighborhood, jingle parades, Santa and his gifts, ginger bread house, heavily decorated trees and the Christmas carols will replace my memories of Holi and Diwali. How does it matter? This is today and this is a celebration and I become a part of it, not by choice but because I belong here today at this very moment. There is no point is being somewhere and belonging to somewhere else, it’s damaging and splits the self also restricts the happiness in life.
To life and the living.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है