A leap from 2008 to 2009


Hanuman1
Originally uploaded by prabhaJha

I did close the year 2008 with a big bang. It started with my long vacation later on Dec 23rd .I left early and did Christmas shopping for myself, my friends and family, only to get home and receive roses in advance for my birthday. Birthday was also a big day as all my friends joined me for a surprise birthday at home. Nothing could be better than that. Early on 25th we left for the Great Wolf lodge resort in Pocono, PA for a small getaway. It was wonderful to get a glimpse and feel of summer during peak winter. We did not leave water until the skin got all pruney. While the kids enjoyed the bunk bed we sat around the fireplace after a soothing round in the Jacuzzi. We wrapped the trip with photo session around wonderful Christmas Decorations they had inside. Well this was not all, because we also had the Big Party planned for the New Year’s Eve. Party was awesome, until we left the host’s house and I slipped on the stairs to end up in Emergency room.
It was terrifying moment. Though I did my best to save my belly from hitting the concrete, I bruised my knee badly and I wanted to be sure that the baby is alright. Well, it was nice of him that he kept kicking and reassuring his well being while I was in the ambulance. The monitor that we were on confirmed it further. But my stress level and the physical torment kicked early contractions. Those became the major concern for us and Dr. and it will remain so for the rest of my pregnancy, of which there is still plenty.
The holidays were completed by a surprise Baby Shower Party at Dolly Di’d house, where most of my friends (all couldn’t make it for some or other reasons) were gathered. It was awesome but the best part was dance performances by girls. Looking at them dance, I was excited and almost felt tears in my eyes as I have seen them grow in last 6+ years and how much they planned for my surprise party. I was delighted and at the same time I missed some people who could have completed the occasion. Too bad I do not have any pictures as we dint carry the camera. I am still waiting for host to post the pictures that I can keep for future.
With blessings of Balaji, temple we visited on Sunday we were all ready to kick off 2009. 2008 was a very happening and great year to me – I couldn’t have asked for more. I am very sure 2009 is going to be even better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है