Have you noticed?


pratyush
Originally uploaded by prabhaJha

Have you noticed?
Sometime last week I wanted to post a blog just about all the conversations that we hear in the office elevator.
I take the elevator at least 6 times in a day. Believe me, it is pretty interesting (sometime informative) indeed. Often the speaker will invite you to join in while other times they will ignore your existence especially if it is something touchy.
I can go on forever about all the things I have heard but while I was thinking about them all I noticed something.
Since I have returned to work after 13 weeks of maternity, I have not heard a single conversation about recession, which was buzz word during my pregnancy.
During DEC-JAN-FEB people just talked about recession, stocks, lay-offs and cutting back. There hasn’t been a single conversation and I have not noticed such media headline lately. There might be some but I bet it is not screaming out or people are done with it. They have chosen to go ahead with their lives instead. Or may be because it is summer finally and people are rather busy planning other stuff.
Only today I heard people taking about their weekend at Hershey Park and travel to Disney. Though they added it is going to expensive but that was it. It was not impacting their decision.
Somebody told me yesterday; happiness is a neutral state of mind as the excitement and exhilaration do not last forever. I agree that it is about feeling content. I also wonder if that contentment is a matter of choice or a trick of mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है