Time is the Essence...yes it is.

Yes I do have a lot to say.
Today morning on facebook I set my status that "I can not afford to lose a fraction of second" and many of my really busy , some working well-wishers got alarmed.
Flashback, It was a fine morning yesterday as it is today. After tending to baby, dropping off my 6 year oldto school with lunch (homemade obviously) ,preparing fresh soup for myself, talking to my mom in India for good 30 minutes+, arrange for dinner plan and some laundry I still had some time to call a friend of mine. She also has a baby who was not well and I wished to inquire about her health.
After few minutes I invited her to come and share some soup with me for lunch, she reminded me that she is quite busy and has a lot to take care of. And added "How come I have so much time" (to call her or other friends of mine and ...well I tried to explain and finally gave up thinking - I don't need to explain. Well in time to pick up my son and his piano lesson - I picked up another friend and went to park with 3 kids in tow. While watching them swing and slide giggling happily in sunny spring morning, my mind kept wondering if I really have too much time. We also stopped by for some groceries. We came back home had coffee and dropped her back. After return I sat down with my 6 year old to get homework done and rest of things, I bet homemakers are familiar with.
I found that I was not slacking on any of my motherly responsibilities or enjoying time by myself. Neither was there any compromise on social life.
So, here is the thing.
Yes, i do things a lot faster that usual and being a list maniac I am always on top of my chores. Staying connected to my friends and family is also a part of it and I can not afford to slack there either. After all they are all I have and It gives me immense pleasure to talk to them and spend time as life permits.
Well, I am glad to confront myself today after being puzzled whole day yesterday.
I do and will always have time for people I care about.
Did I add that yesterday I also stopped at account to drop off my tax papers and after grocery made a stop to Mac D....The fruit parfait there is what I always recommend and love.
Enjoy the spring...Tomorrow I plan for a picnic, and wish you join us.

Comments

Vidya Mishra said…
Hi My mirror image ...u are so very true !!! My friends in India are so busy with all sort of helps ..whereas me ?? With everything on my own , Bhajan group to take care of , my close friends , Maithil group , NJ , AR and VA friends to talk and enjoy with my upcoming Boat racing arrangements to Upnayan ceremony of my Son ...right at the corner ...never forget to call my near and dear ....To my Aallahabad in laws to my parents and moreover my busiest work schedule with all my Compliance tests to finish with the deadline ....deal with it .....and yet I have much time to sleep , relax , finish my Mithila painting and 2 grown up college going kids and their ....HOW ??I can say this much if you have life ...enjoy , if you have relations ...maintain it and if you have family ....deal with it and if you have choice ...please don't NAG but have pleasure with your presence physically and mentally :) GO BRAVO !!!

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है