Random Ranting.

Today is a perfect day to just rant about things.
It is bright and sunny morning while it was quite cloudy yesterday. To me, things are blurred then ever.
Ok - how does it sound like when the father of your children leaves house for the day in crisp white shirt, black suit and blue tie (I know people expected red - no that’s too bold for him), holding a toasted bagel in one hand the laptop bag in other. At the door he says good bye saying “Be calm and be good". Should that reduce me to the wild 6 year old creature sleeping hopelessly in his captain bed and dreaming about all the DSi games he is going to own?
Or, should it bring smile to my face thinking, how thoughtful and caring the comment is and I must follow through...Deep breath...another one and sit in Padmasan with eyes closed and keep the posture for the rest of the day because it has been advised to me?

The next thing that bothers me today is people keeping 2 last names in their names. It makes me feel as if they are not sure which one belongs to them or suits them better and they can not make up their minds. Those 2 last names jingle like bells around bull’s neck for the rest of their lives (no offence intended). Its clamoring sound, I wish it were pleasant - to me it isn’t. I mean, what kind of people can not be sure of considering a last name. I wonder about their decision making skills.

Right after the last word of the above sentence, My 13 month old wakes up crying hysterically on his crib. As I get there is gives me a pathetic look "What kind of mother you are to make me sleep on this crammed island hanging in the air and then keeping me deprived from milk for whole 3 hours and 45 minutes". Well I give him the milk and try to change his diaper. I shove the blanket up to his belly which reminds me of my C-section. I was lying numb with the blue curtain hanging up on my belly. Well right then my little devil teaches me a lesson and as I fold the dirty diaper and unfold clean diaper he does it. Now I must change his PJ’s, blanket and crib sheet as well. While he can enjoy his milk and rest of nap on my bed. To him that is a bed where people sleep, not this wooden cage where he wakes up every morning. God knows when they do that I sleep on that bed every single night and then get up here, it is nightmarish!!
It is almost eight and I have to face the biggest challenge of the day. Wake up the 6 year old. I try different tricks every day, some days I just barge in room with raised voice. Tell him the time and count to 3 to get him out of bed and in the bathroom. It does not work everyday and some days it backfires. So I save it for those days when I have no other choice. Most of the days I massage him, tickle him, tell him a joke or two (even better) ask him to tell me a joke or two, ask him about his dream from last night and voila! He gets up like the bright sun today.
I hope today is that day!

Comments

Sunil Jha said…
And what about those with three last names like that of Konkona Sen Sharma Shorey! I think these are like peels of identity. To reach to the first name, you peel, peel and then peel again. SUNIL JHA

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है