Few things that never change.

Today as I looked at myself in the restroom mirror of my office, as I was washing hands. I noticed I was dressed in all grey starting from my earrings. All different shades though; it was grey blazer, darker skirt and lighter shirt…except for the black shoe. I felt immediately in control. I felt better and it reminded me about things that never change. My 6 year old must have asked me 1000 times about my favorite color and it is the same. (he is still hoping I will say pink someday-not that I hate it but grey is just unbeatable).
I like grey; I have always liked the grey color. The reason, I really do not know. Sometimes I feel it is the color of Cement and steel which matches my solid traditional personality may be. Not sure-maybe a close friend can comment better on that.
No wonder my husband bought me a grey saree as wedding saree , which is traditionally red or yellow. It is my favorite one, after 8 years.
So, on the note to talking about things that do not really change is also my love for books, though it started with a book I received as birthday present sometime in last century. It was “Doctors” by Eric Segal and my love for reading and books started. I have been reading since then and still it gives me tremendous pleasure that I can put everything else on hold and read.
Now, moving on to people. I have had many friends in past who moved as I moved and then we lost touch. We did spend some wonderful time together, created timeless memories .But bond got thinner as Geography changed, feelings faded. There are some that stayed the same. One of them is my relationship with my brother, dada. I feel the same way I felt when I talked to him right after my 10 board examination. It is strange but the great sense of relief and I get when I am talking to him is something that does not occur otherwise. I feel really heard, no matter even if it was 3 months since I last talked to him. When I talk to him next, it will be exact same way. No matter how many complains my mind is building up, no matter how many issues are bothering me if he is on the other side of the phone or sitting on the chair against me, they vaporizes. Something he said to me more than decade ago became my fundamental of life. He said “stop thinking about problem and start working on the solution”. Due to this, I can never stay occupied with my problem for too long and get in action to resolve it. Everytime I have talked to him, either he had shown me a direction or made me realize how little the problem was. The answer might be inside me, but he helps me get it out on surface.
on that note, I want to wish him a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!

And that’s another thing, that hasn’t changed since I recall.
What is yours?

Comments

dollyjha said…
From how much I know you ,You have yet to find your personality,its still developing

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है