When I lost the access card

Well, I never lost an access card before; I still have the one from Tata Steel building in Calcutta. I still have the access card for RE/MAX office and the Citi ID card. Now, here I am 2 weeks old at Daiichi Sankyo which consists of only 8 working days and I have lost the access card twice. I spent 20 minutes of my precious morning hour looking for it. I was hoping it is hanging to one of my clothes or I might have dropped it on the closet floor but no luck. I searched the car and finally I was certain it is on my desk. Only to get to the office and there is no sign of my access card. The worst fear for me was to face the receptionist who shakes he head in degust every time I request her to buzz me in. I wonder how hard that can be. She is the most unfriendly receptionist I have known my life, don’t they provide them any training or something to give people better treatment, or she saves them only for chosen ones.
After sitting on my desk for straight 2 hours I decide to go and ask her for another temporary card the Third one. Damn it – I need to have access card to return to my desk if I step to use ladies room. Thank god, there is no access card needs for kitchen and I did have my coffee. Without which I couldn’t have gotten the guts I needed to go and talk to her. Don’t underestimate; it takes a hell lot of guts. Well as she makes it, she discovers she already gave me temporary card earlier and informs me that. Well I tell her “ I know, I lost that too “. Now she gives me a long look, I hear “What the hell is wrong with you” and “Get out of my sight and never return”. Well I stay, I need that card. I am hopeless that I will find it by Monday even if I survive the day glued to my desk today. She gives me a card after another long look and sigh. She tell me a name (I can’t recall – I was scared as hell as if I have committed a horrific crime though I kept telling myself it is not a crime. My opening line is a justification of the same).
She warns me that I better return it to her. Then only then I see a pile of clip on that she attaches to when gives access card to other people except me. She never gave me one of those and I do not dare to ask. I have the one I saved from my last job. I return to my desk, detach Citi and attach Daiichi Temp Card (that suits me better) swear I am never going to lose it again and settle on my desk.
Please pray for me, My only hope to find my dignity back is to find those cards back. I can not wait for the moment when I will go to her and slap down the temp cards she had been giving me with those looks. I bet I will return those stares back as well.
Now, let’s get to the real reason for needing the card desperately. I am volunteering in the June bug festival in Metuchen. Well, It is an art festival during June when every Friday evening the downtown lits up with music, paintings, cuisine and what not. It is like walking in dream. I am volunteering to host the chalk walk, where I will be sitting with boxes of chalk and assist kids/adults in drawing Metuchen sidewalks. I do that anyway in front of my house almost every day. In order to do that, I must pick up my T-shirt today between 10 AM – 2 PM and that required that lunch hour when I must leave the building and get it. Now you know why I went out of the way to get that card.
As I have it now, and I do not have any pressing thing to take care of I cannot wait….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है