Message to One mother from another

Mom, I know you love me a lot

And I love you too

But can I ask you to love be a little less

Just a wee bit

Especially when you push away your lunch

Until your bread is almost dry

And coax me to eat one more bite, you Try

I see your tired eyes scanning through

Every website, for a ‘perfect’ parenting

‘Perfect environment’ ‘perfect schools

Perfect neighborhood and perfect living

Although you are the only perfection

That I will ever know

Its ok of I am not the right percentile

On growth or any of those dummy charts

Those are only scribble of lines

But those that appear on your forehead

Are not…

Let me suffer with some of those grades

 Crumpled shirt, dirty room or unkempt hair

Forgotten lunches or not so great friends

Home works lost or not wearing sweaters

There is no damage your hug cannot fix

Today or tomorrow, let’s not get them mixed.

Don’t you ever bother, on what people will think?

I will always love you, so let the idea sink.

Drive little slow, keep humming your song

Keep flipping the way you do, those tassels long

I might miss that class, I might even miss a bus

We are together, so what is the rush?

I am cut from the swim team

But I might still make it

The risk of loving less

If you are willing, to take it

I know when you heard

little Billy lost her mother

You stare at me sleeping

Eyes full of fear

Love me little less mom

Love yourself lot more

My growing up is a house

And you are my door

It does keep me safe

But it also lets me go

Love me little less mom

Love yourself lot more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है