Move

am scheduled to move on Monday at 10:00 AM. When I started at Citi I
was assigned a spot on a different floor that my managers wanted me to
(same as his) due to unavailability and I was also somewhat disappointed
that I will have to be at a different location and undoubtedly it had
its share of problems. Soon I made friends with my neighbor Roweena ,
who was from Jamaica and since we dint have any wall between our spaces,
I kept asking her all the questions I needed to. She was a great help
when I started here and felt clueless sometimes and also feared of doing
something inappropriate. She told me things about Jamaica and Ney York
also about the cafeteria downstairs. She took me there the very first
day and helped me to get the cafeteria card, which I stopped using later
realizing I could just pay by my credit card and also accumulate points.
She dint tell me she was a temp and her tenure was getting over. She
once told me " You are going to miss me" and I assumed it is because I
will be moving soon, as soon as I get the space next to my bosses
location. Well no, She meant she was leaving. She told me right before
she was leaving, saying you will see somebody else here today. I was
some what sad- I liked being around her and talking to her and she was a
help when I needed. I gave her the wooden Ganesha I used to have on my
desk since I started working. I wished her good luck and best wishes for
the new house she had just bought.
Anyways, the next day I arrived to find somebody else at her spot for
sure. It was her first day and I figured that she was one of the 30
people starting that day and it was slight chaotic. She was constantly
calling help desk to get her ID activated, get he computer work, get
access to phone and bunch of other things. She was busy and she was Alta
Danztler. She is sitting next to me for over a month. Later I found that
she is an upcoming opera singer married to another Opera singer since
last 2 years. She loved to talk about him. She also writes blogs which
is accessible at Altamarie.com. She is also a very talented photographer
and is fluent is 4 languages, French, English, Italian and German. She
knows a bit of Spanish as well. WOW!! She is one talented woman. I was
floored by her talent wit and helpful nature. We became friends as well.
Yesterday she was leaving for Texas for a friends wedding and I told her
that I might be moved while she comes back. She stared at me with his
surprised smile. And as we had promised, we will have dessert from
cafeteria - the day one of us will move. We will have it on Monday as
she is not coming to work today. I am going to miss her. I am also going
to miss the Empire state view from my spot since it was a North-East
location. I will be moved to the south-east location and will have view
of Hudson River, may be - I m not sure If the view will be blocked by
the office in front of me. The movers were here today, handling me
cartons to pack and they put stickers on my belongings to be moved which
wouldn't go in the carton. I do not feel so excited. When I started here
I told myself- I am not here to make friends but guess I couldn't help
it. I hope I make friends wherever I go-Not only who I like but who also
like me in return.
I am also going to miss my rest of the team who could hear me over the
phone and I kept popping on their desk whenever I needed a break. Wish
me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है