Not just another day-or may be it is

Guess what, I have finished reading that Hindi book, way back last week
and also I have moved to the new location today morning. My boss was
somewhat happy that I will be more reachable. Though, since I dint
inform another manager about my move, he went looking for me at old
location and came back to my mumbling- no one tells him anything. Well I
was sorry-I should have done that first thing in morning today. I
assumed everybody knew it because everybody I talked to about did know
it. I need to bring a plant here as this office is going to my
destination location at 388 Greenwich offices, overlooking the Hudson
River. The river I saw from the plane when I was about to land the very
first time to NJ that became my home later.
I see NYPD choppers circling over the river constantly during the day
and I bet they do the same over the night, some security measure taken
after WTC attacks.
I feel lonely - and I do miss Alta as I know it wouldn't be the same now
that I have moved from there, though she said she will call me whenever
she makes her trip for her soda and also the lunch. This new location is
very quite and secluded, not that I enjoy the solitude much. Though I
know that this will help me improve my skills and make me more
productive as the lapse of communication will reduce drastically.
The floor plans are same throughout the floors which is good, as I know
what is where and I can find it the same way on 25th floor as much I was
on 24th floor, 24th that was my lucky no - my birth no. Never mind!
Over the weekend - I rested and met friends spent some really good time.
And yes I did some Pujo'r shopping sitting right at Dolly Di's house.
There was this Punjabi woman who sells Indian dresses, brought a nice
collection of dresses while we were for dinner. I happened to buy 3
salwar kurta and 1 kurti. 1 cotton , 1 silk and 1 with really very heavy
work in georgette which I dint like at all when I saw it-though when I
tried it on, everybody wanted me to get it. I couldn't disagree with the
whole lot and I ended up buying it.
About my projects I was planning during the weekend - I managed to buy
the paint I m planning to paint the wall with also decided on the color
(of course buying followed the deciding), though I couldn't make the
collage I wanted to - helped Pratyush put together a collage for 100
acre woods .I framed and put up 2 of my paintings, those were B/W
Madhubani. Also I decorated and put up a series of drawings I was making
fro Pratyush everyday at work - in his room. He was delighted. He
enthusiastically participated in decorating it. I also checked the music
school for Pratyush, who suggested me to bring him next summer
considering him too young for Piano lessons. Overall it was a fun
weekend. The best feeling was in the morning when I could just linger in
the bad with no fear of missing the train or catching one. I hope all
that good feeling will help me sail though the five treacherous week day
till its Friday night finally. BTW I missed the ladies night out at my
best friends (Sweta Patel) place. When I was all set to leave my son lay
him at the door asking me to stay and I had to! I was so sorry for Sweta
who thought I just ditched her AGAIN! She kept calling me later and I
was so scared of facing her even on the phone that I dint take her call.
Till Saturday morning when it was all finally over. Sorry Sweta-may be
next time. I promised her that I will surely see her during this week. I
wish I can keep my promise in my busy schedules.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है