SUN RISE, Maldives
Originally uploaded by a.rafeeq

Yesterday was a holiday and Saturday was Pratyush’s much awaited birthday Party. They did everything 5+ years could do. Pratyush danced a lot on his favorite bollywood music and he even danced without music. It was wonderful; while I had fun making kids do all the crazy stuff I was bone tired and could not wait to crash as it was over. They sung some really funny Hindi songs and other rhymes. They wrote crazy messages on a T-shirt for Pratyush and also participated in the treasure hunt which was full of nothing else but the return gifts.
As his birthday was over, the very question he asked me next morning was, when the baby is coming. When he asked me earlier I told him that the baby will come after your birthday and he never raised it again. But now he ought to know. Well I put it on the calendar that he follows and now hopefully he will wait till he reaches the date of my scheduled C-section on the calendar.
I am also close to submitting all the required files for the publication of my book, all that I need to pick is the cover art. I was planning to put one of my paintings but I do not want it to look too ethnic and so I am confused about the right cover art.
Since now I am just 3 weeks away from the D-Day this is my last week of commuting to NY City. I can not believe I am working and traveling in 37th week of pregnancy. Way to go girl.
I can not wait to just be home and sit back. I have so many things to do and plan before that. That reminds me to put it up on a list. As I am thinking about it, I feel lost about what I should do and what not and how do I order them. Wish I had some help here….anybody?
With Ma and Papa around the house now, it is way easier than it was. Yesterday she even prepared her authentic fish curry that I can eat forever without getting tired, something that no one else on this planet can ever make. Today it has been a week that they are here but the way they settled themselves it seems like they have been living here for months. They had no complaints of jet-lag or cold weather or us leaving them on their own for entire day from the very next day of their arrival. They started walking and picking up Pratyush from day care from the next day and I am glad even he cooperated beyond my expectation.

Dekhti hoon jab uthakar subah subah
Main lalima sooraj ki
Hoti hai palke tabtak bhari
Sapno se tumhari hi
Yu hi baithkar dekhte dekhte
Is mere ghar me kabhi
Lagta hai, jo hote tum
Tho dekhte ugate sooraj ko
Bas meri ankho me
Aur main yah jaankar
Bilkul anjaan si
Dekhti ugate sooraj ko
Paas baithe tumhare

Comments

dollyjha said…
Wonderful expression of a beautiful moment

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है