Taajmahal

Wrote this on one sleepless night this week. What do you expect with a 5 weeks old baby in house that gets up every 2-3 hours for feedings.That night I was so scared of waking uf after a nap that I decided not to sleep at all. It worked one night, rest of them are a roller coaster rides between the phases of falling asleep and attending to the baby. Since I know it doesnt last forever and may be I wont experience it again I do not want to miss amoment and enjoy every bit of it, after all thats what life is all about.
Dil me yu tho arjuye hazaar
Jo paati hain bas intezaar
Tadapti rooh hai har pal
paane ko unke ik deedar
ankhe khuli ho yaho band
nazar aate hain bas wo hi
Chutati har lamhe ke saath
unse milne ki ummid
Khwabo aur khayalo me
banakar ek taajmahal
bharkar sanam ki baaho me
ho jaaye kisdin ye jo agar
gujar jaaye muhabbat ka junu
is jishme se, isse pahle
ki band ho jaaye dhadakna dil ka
wur reh jaaye tarasati rooh
sadiyo tak
hamare taajmahal me

Comments

Dipti said…
Hi Prabha..this poem gave me tears in my eyes as I read,a tajmahal is growing into me but I decide to remain unattached since one day he/she has to fly from the nest.But reading your poem felt that I will be attached once out in the world.
Prabha said…
Thanks Dipti for the wonderful comments!

Popular posts from this blog

मर्यादा

वट सावित्री

प्रेम है